Thinking Outside the Box
Newton is fully aware of the Law of Conservation of Energy: energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It can only change from one form to another. Newton has applied these thoughts to modern day realization of our natural resources and how we can effect the environment through recycling and giving back both environmentally and socially.
Newton has developed a new rectangular shoebox that is produced from 100% post consumer waste and uses soy-based inks and aqueous (water-based) coating. The new packaging is easy to store and ship, itâ€™s lightweight and itâ€™s easy to break down and recycle. Produced close to the footwear factory, we have minimized the carbon footprint needed to ship. Rather than tissue paper, weâ€™re using recycled cardboard inserts (scraps from the box die-cut) to protect the shape of the shoes. In place of tissue, an educational divider card separates your new shoes. Look for this new packaging with the launch of our Spring 2009 line.
Environmentally-friendly facts about the Newton Footwear:
- 100% recycled yarn shoe laces
- 100% recycled webbing
- ECOPET Recycled insole topcover that also incorporates Anti-friction and Anti-bacteria technology
- A minimum of10% recycled outersole rubber
- 100% post consumer recycled material shoebox and soy ink.(please reuse or recycle this shoe box)
- No hang-tags
- Share our reusable Newton 10 Laws to Running Better shoe divider with your friends
Learn about our commitment to Social Responsibility.